Community Support Teams
The Providence Center's Community Support teams offer services that help individuals with severe and persistent mental illnesses to avoid hospitalization and live as productively as possible in the community and among family and friends.
Teams of psychiatrists, nurses, clinical therapists, case managers and staff specializing in addictions, education and vocational services work with individual clients to develop and implement a recovery-focused plan of care. Services are provided in clients' homes, at The Providence Center, and in other community settings.
In addition to providing traditional clinical services aimed at symptom management, specialized staff members work with individuals with serious mental illnesses to:
- Locate safe, affordable housing
- Develop independent living skills
- Secure and maintain meaningful employment
- Identify higher education opportunities
- Participate in community, therapeutic, social and recreational activities