Click here for current job openings.
Join an organization that makes a difference in Rhode Island
The Providence Center is saving lives every day and shaping the future of the delivery of mental health, substance use and primary care services. Our innovative primary and behavioral healthcare system treats mind and body as one and meets our clients’ needs with care and compassion.
The Providence Center is a dynamic place to start or advance your career. If you are a team player, interested in joining a fast-paced, dynamic workplace dedicated to providing recovery-focused, client-centered care to adults, adolescents and children we want to meet you!
We believe that:
- Regardless of daily life challenges, our clients can and do recover.
- We can’t do it alone and strive to establish partnerships that strengthen our organization and make it possible for our clients to receive the unique care they need.
- Investing in our employees’ growth and development supports our greatest asset.
Our programs and services are aimed at meeting the community's needs:
- Anchor Learning Academy became Rhode Island's first recovery high school, dedicated to meeting the academic and clinical needs of high school students in recovery.
- Since Anchor Recovery Community Center opened in December 2010, over 125,000 visits have occurred, one of the highest recovery community center participation rates in the country. Anchor is the first recovery center Rhode Island, offering support and a sense of community to individuals in addiction recovery.
- The Rhode Island Department of Corrections contracted with us to provide comprehensive substance abuse treatment and recovery services to men and women at the Adult Correctional Institute.
- Over 700 patients avoided hospitalization since July 2011, thanks to our Crisis Stabilization Unit. The first of its kind in Providence, the CSU provides a safe and therapeutic alternative to hospitalization or diversion for people experiencing an acute psychiatric or substance abuse crisis.
- In partnership with Providence Community Health Center, we opened Providence Community Health Centers at North Main, adding comprehensive primary care services at our 530 North Main Street location, and opened an outpatient mental health clinic at Providence Community Health Centers at Prairie Avenue, their newest location in south Providence.
- In collaboration with CharterCARE Health Partners, a hospital network of Roger Williams Medical Center and Fatima Hospital, we launched CharterCARE Connect, becoming the sole provider of inpatient and emergency mental health and substance use services at Fatima Hospital and the sole provider of mental health and substance use emergency services at Roger Williams Medical Center.
- Over the past two years, we were awarded four federal grants, totaling $5,000,000, which have helped us to integrate primary care into our mental health and substance use treatment services, support new programming for people with mental health and substance use issues at the Rhode Island Department of Corrections and provide outreach and treatment to combat homelessness in the state.