Community Support Teams consist of psychiatrists, nurses, case managers, clinicians and employment specialists who help clients to live productively in the community and avoid hospitalization. The team works with individual clients to develop and implement a recovery-focused plan of care based on their strengths and goals.
Services may include:
- Medication management
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Opportunities to meet with a psychiatrist
- Substance use assessment and counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Practicing independent living skills
- Assistance with finding safe, affordable housing
- Coordinating primary health care
- Employment assessment and job placement assistance
- Wellness and social skills group training
- Participate in community, therapeutic, social and recreational activities
Placement on Community Treatment Teams is reserved for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. Services are provided up to seven days a week in the in clients’ homes, at The Providence Center, and in other community settings.