Shaping the future of behavioral health
InShape is a nationally recognized research-based wellness program that bring together community partners and specialists in the areas of health, exercise and nutrition to provide one-on-one physical fitness and mental health support for adults of all ages experiencing mental health and substance use problems.
The program pairs clients with health mentors who are certified personal trainers and experienced case managers. Health mentors work with participants to achieve individualized wellness goals through health and fitness activities such as nutrition counseling, yoga, exercise and weight training.
InShape engages clients in activities that promote overall health:
- Individualized wellness plans aimed at reaching client’s personal goals.
- Access to fitness activities at the Greater Providence YMCA such as yoga, water aerobics and weight training accompanied by health mentors
- Nutrition counseling and education.
- Smoking cessation and other wellness programs.
- Support for receiving regular medical check-ups and chronic health problems.